Jan 17, 2009

Hiking Red Rock with Lily




Today we decided to go hiking to get out and enjoy the wonderful 60 degree weather and get some much needed exercise. We wanted to hike (instead of bike or hunt) so that we could take Lily with us. We headed up to Red Rock and hiked near Rock Springs. Lily was so adorable hopping all over the rocks and scurrying up large sandstone rocks to keep up. Travis was usually in the lead, then Lily then me. Lily frequently would stop and look back to check on me to make sure I was keeping up. It was adorable! We did end up climbing over some larger rocks so Trav did have to carry her for awhile. But besides the rocks being too big for her, she did a great job and is a very strong hiker!

3 comments:

The Mursets said...

How fun! Lily is so cute!!!

Sarah and Cory Smith said...

I love red rock. We went on a walk at the Clarke County Wetland the other day. It was such nice weather. I can't believe it is January!! So nice.

Jacob and Emily said...

Hi Caroline! You have no idea who I am but I went to school (UNR) with Travis. Your family looks like they are doing well for yourselves! We loved taking the dogs on hikes and found out if the hike is intense and the bottom of their pads crack, bleed, or swell, you should put little booties on them. I know they sell them at REI and North Face but they probably sell them at other Rec. stores too. Just an idea!