Hiking to the hot springs in one of our favorite activities to do this time of year and especially since it's so close to home. Since Travis is on break and because our friends had the day off, right after I got off work on Tuesday we headed out for our hike. It felt like one of those things you do in college- take off right after class on some adventure. Nick & Mindy packed Cael on their kid back-packing pak while we brought Lily and passed her up and down the big drop-offs. The weather was nice and cool, perfect for hiking and sitting in the hot pots/pools. I do have to say that I was a little disappointed that the biggest pool was no longer existent and that the hottest pool was luke-warm, but since there are usually 5 or 6 pools to choose from, we found a perfect one a little farther down. Lily was such a moocher. It was pretty cold outside to be getting in and out so once Lily swam enough and was ready to rest, she would swim right up to me trying to grab on, wanting me to hold her in the water. So while Mindy held her baby Cael, I was holding our pampered dog, Lil. She loved just sitting in my arms absorbing the warmth. I do have to say that it is weird holding a dog in a bikini, though. It's not an everyday experience feeling your dog's fur on your bare belly. :P
13 years ago
1 comments:
It looks like you guys had a good time! It was so cold that night! I'm still not sure I could have done it...even after seeing the fun pics!:) I'm a wuss!
Post a Comment