Dec 30, 2009

Christmas in Vegas


We had a great Christmas this year with Travis' family! We spent the night at his parents house on Christmas Eve, which I think is a great tradition we've started since we never spend the night at their house any other time of year. Travis' Aunt Cheryl and Bob came as well with their dog Murphy, a cockier spaniel mix of some sort, so it was a full house. Christmas Eve Dinner was shared with Uncle Darren's family so in total we had a nice turkey and ham dinner for 14 and leftovers for 4 dogs. :) Brighton was able to join us on Christmas Eve and Christmas morning, a very generous gesture from her father. It was so fun having an excited kid in the bunch for Christmas.


At 5:30am I was woken up with a phone call from my family to join them online on the webcam Jess & I bought for mom for Christmas. I got to watch most of the present opening and it really felt like I was there. It was so nice to be a part of their Christmas as well.

The gifts this year were so generous from both friends and family. Travis & I were most impressed with our home-made crocheted beanies and scarfs from Grandma Hayman. They are so comfy and we love them! She also included a very nice personalized note for each of us, very touching. Travis so wonderfully got me my own iphone and a massage at a spa among other things. We had a great time opening gifts for about 5 hours with Travis' family (unheard of at my parent's house) and enjoyed another nice meal of prime rib for Christmas dinner. It was a wonderful Christmas!



Lily got a few gifts too. She really liked her cheez bonz- stuck her nose in the box and pulled out a bone all on her own.







Aunt Cheryl loves tea parties so we had one of our own. She got Brighton her very own porcelain Mrs. Potts and Chip tea set. We had some delicious lemonade at our very own tea party.

0 comments: