The last few weeks at work have been filled with all sorts of events, so I thought I'd make note of them since it's been filling up a lot of my weekend and evenings. First we volunteered at the River Mountain Loop Trail clean up event. We were assigned a 3 mile stretch of the total 36 mile trail to walk back and forth across and gather the trash that's been tossed and blown into that part of the desert. The weather was perfect and a great day to enjoy the trail and do some service.
A couple weeks later we had our company retreat. We got to go see a couple of our landscape designs under construction, one of which was at a 20,000ft mansion of a house. We got to tour the house as well and it was amazing!-the pool, play room, office, kitchen, exterior spaces, etc. etc. was just soooo cool! I love looking at architectural design come to life. I'm just always so impressed at how people can think of the things they design.
In the afternoon we got to go racing with our spouses as well at a place called Pole Position Racing. It's an indoor race track that allows you to drive probably about 35 mph in a go-kart looking thing. It was a blast and Travis loved it! He was in the top 3 every time. :).jpg)
That night we had Benihana's which I realize I love! It's so fun to watch them cook and be entertained and the seafood was delicious. :)
And then the last event I participated in was CANstruction which is a charity event that involves designers and engineers coming up with a structure made up of cans that we end up donating to the local food bank. Our team did a tea cup and saucer and donut. I was in charge of the steam which we made with ribbon and fabric attached to a small fan placed in the middle of the cup. It was a cool thing to be a part of. Other teams did a volcano, a sock money, a cupcake, a pyramid, mickey mouse, and a stamp with Elvis' face on it. Very creative stuff.
13 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment