Aug 5, 2010

4th Year Anniversary



Travis was out of town this year for our anniversary, so we celebrated twice and went hiking on a new trail up at Mt. Charleston. Our first attempt at the trail was a good hike and pretty quite as far as other hikers go. It was so nice getting out of the heat and doing something we love. We even got a really good picture out of it. :) But we weren't able to get to Mummy Springs, the end of the 3 mile hike, because Travis was breaking in some new boots which were killing his feet and giving him blisters. So we decided to go again the weekend following our anniversary.

This trip was a lot cooler and still nice and quite without too many hikers. We made it to the super huge and old Bristlecone Pine Tree which was amazing! There were tons of other cool looking trees and we basically hiked in the trees the whole time. Such a change from being in the desert all the time. I think that's why I keep going on and on about the trees. Anyways, we made it to the springs which unfortunately I don't really have anything to say about them because it was just a spring. The highlight of making it to the top were the old huge trees. So the trail is basically all uphill for 3 miles and then knee-pounding 3 miles downhill, over all a pretty tough hike. I was totally sore all over, BUT it was well worth it. Such a wonderful way to celebrate 4 years doing what we love!




1 comments:

HammondFam said...

Happy Anniversary!

I would love to go on a hike with you guys sometime- not an anniversary hike, but a hike! :)