Sep 22, 2010

Three to Cali


This last weekend me and Travis' parents headed to Southern California for 2 reasons: Theresa's wedding,and for Linda's birthday get away. She loves to go to the LA County fair so that was her birthday gift this year. :) Most of the drive there Linda and I chit chatted and got our kitty fill at the El Pollo Loco we stopped for dinner. There were 6 stray calico kittens there! We of course had to feed them and were so sad to leave them behind. They are sooo sweet. I of course took pictures. :)


We stayed in an awesome hotel with a free HUGE breakfast, like they make omelets to order! It was great. So Saturday morning we ate breakfast and they dropped me off at the Newport Beach Temple for the wedding. Can I just say that the Newport Beach Temple is AMAZING! It's totally different then any other temple I've seen!


I met Mary there and chit chatted and got caught up all the way up until the minute we got into the sealing. It was just so hard to sit still in the waiting room when we hadn't seen each for over 3 years! And speaking of years gone by, the last time I had seen Tee before her wedding was MY wedding! 4 years ago! Crazy. Anyway, Theresa was of course gorgeous and I was so teary-eyed at her wedding. I am sooo happy for her and glad that she finally has someone of her own. Marcus & Theresa Bess. So adorable!



After the wedding there was a luncheon that Jocie showed up for since she happened to be in town for work. It was great seeing her, but it was too bad we couldn't spend more time with her.


That night was the open house where Mary and I helped set up and then sat down and looked at old freshman year photos and totally reminisced the good ole days. :) We saw Theresa & Marcus off as they snuck away from the gathering. Mary and I got out of the clean up and enjoyed chatting all the way back to the hotel. It was just a perfect girls day and so nice to see old friends!

The next day Linda, David and I headed out for the beach just to walk in the sand and hear the waves. It was kind of chilly, and overcast, but it was still nice. We went to Corona Del Mar. Later we met up with Aunt Cheryl at Toms Farms-very cool and huge farmers market, for Linda's Birthday treat. Then were back on the road. It was such a nice trip and so nice of Travis' parents to take me along.



1 comments:

Mary Kelly said...

So fun! That weekend went way too fast huh? We need to start planning the next time we can all get together. 3 or 4 years is WAY too long!