This hunting season Travis was able to help out with Nick's deer hunt up in Utah. They wanted to camp, so instead of Mindy and I just hanging out at Grandma's, we went up to Provo to be with family and friends. Travis had a nice wet time camping in the mountains and hiking all over. He found some nice bucks, but Nick wasn't closer enough to him or them. The tent got some good use and of course kept everyone nice and cozy and dry.

I stayed with my good friend Lisa in Provo and spent most of my time with her and Sarah. The main purpose of me going up to Provo though was to spend time with Jordan since it was going to be the last time I'd see him before he goes on his mission in December. He's headed to Nashville and we're sooooo excited for him! It was rainy all weekend but it let up enough for the entire BYU football game which we barely won. Jordan and I had a great time watching the game. It was so nice to chit chat and was so sweet of him to invite me. It was his second college football game he'd been to! He's such an amazing guy and I'm so proud to be his sister. He's going to be a great missionary and will come back even more amazing than he his. It was sad giving him his last hug, but it was a good weekend and nice last memory for a couple years.
The other main event of the weekend, besides taking Lily around to see Jacob and play with Carter, Lisa's son, and of course going to Tucanos and Noodles, was going to Witches Night Out. There's this place in West Jordan that has all sorts of craft stores and what not that puts on a Witches night. All the women are suppose to leave their kids at home and dress up like witches and go shop, eat, dance and just hang out. I went with Becca, Lisa, and Sarah and a couple of their friends. It was sooo nice to see Becca since it had been over 3 years since I saw her last! I got to meet her daughter, Jane, who is just adorable as well. So it felt like old times with Becca and Lisa dancing, and being dorks on the dance floor. :) It was lots of fun and we decided that next time we have to dress up even more and totally get into it. Hopefully I can go again!
.jpg)
It was such a wonderful weekend for both Travis and I getting to do the things we love. Travis' trip ended on an anticlimactic note though with Nick shooting his buck about 2 hours after we left! Such a bummer since Travis worked so hard hiking and scouting around in the rain all weekend. But we're so excited for Nick and it really was a nice buck.
.jpg)
I stayed with my good friend Lisa in Provo and spent most of my time with her and Sarah. The main purpose of me going up to Provo though was to spend time with Jordan since it was going to be the last time I'd see him before he goes on his mission in December. He's headed to Nashville and we're sooooo excited for him! It was rainy all weekend but it let up enough for the entire BYU football game which we barely won. Jordan and I had a great time watching the game. It was so nice to chit chat and was so sweet of him to invite me. It was his second college football game he'd been to! He's such an amazing guy and I'm so proud to be his sister. He's going to be a great missionary and will come back even more amazing than he his. It was sad giving him his last hug, but it was a good weekend and nice last memory for a couple years.
The other main event of the weekend, besides taking Lily around to see Jacob and play with Carter, Lisa's son, and of course going to Tucanos and Noodles, was going to Witches Night Out. There's this place in West Jordan that has all sorts of craft stores and what not that puts on a Witches night. All the women are suppose to leave their kids at home and dress up like witches and go shop, eat, dance and just hang out. I went with Becca, Lisa, and Sarah and a couple of their friends. It was sooo nice to see Becca since it had been over 3 years since I saw her last! I got to meet her daughter, Jane, who is just adorable as well. So it felt like old times with Becca and Lisa dancing, and being dorks on the dance floor. :) It was lots of fun and we decided that next time we have to dress up even more and totally get into it. Hopefully I can go again!
.jpg)
It was such a wonderful weekend for both Travis and I getting to do the things we love. Travis' trip ended on an anticlimactic note though with Nick shooting his buck about 2 hours after we left! Such a bummer since Travis worked so hard hiking and scouting around in the rain all weekend. But we're so excited for Nick and it really was a nice buck.
.jpg)
0 comments:
Post a Comment