Dallen is a new man over these last few months. He has accomplished so much, and of course, we're so proud of him! :) Here's a quick summary of him since January:
-Right after learning to sit up at the end of December, he learned to pull himself up to things. Then all he wanted to do was stand. We thought he would bypass crawling and go straight to walking with all the standing he was doing. We made great use of our laundry basket weighed down with these metal ducks we have so he could stand up well. The couch just wasn't good enough yet since there wasn't a ledge to grab onto. He quickly figured out how to stand up in his crib too, so down went the mattress real quick.
-He feeds himself a bottle and nursing ended during the 7th month. He got his first cold and fever shortly after that. Poor guy. I wanted to breast feed through the winter to help with colds, but he just didn't want to nurse anymore. It was too much work to get the milk; his bottle was just so much more efficient. :)
-He LOVES steering wheels. And loves to get our hats and sunglasses when we've got them on and we're holding him.
-As an infant he was so good when we would change him. Now he HATES getting dressed and diaper changed-little stinker!
-Sleeping, well, let's just say is going OK. At one point he started to figure out how to sleep through the night, but then we went out of town or he got sick or starting teething more and now he wakes up at least once a night. He is a good night time cuddler though. We love that. :)
-CRAWLING! March 9th he finally got it down and a week later he was seriously on the move and into everything-dog food, TP, toilet water, shower, closing doors on us, eating door spring covers, getting into my home decor, and now the book shelf! I've had to put away some home decor stuff and rearrange others for our new explorer. :P
-He has also conquered going up the stairs and of course loves it. We don't have stairs in our house but we do at the back door and garage. Now he just needs to learn how to get down them...
-We took him swimming for the 2nd time; well, first time with Daddy and he LOVED it! He was smiling and giggling and laughing the whole time. He has the funniest little laugh right now too.
-He's an even bigger eater now. He feeds himself with the exception of some applesauce or yogurt or something every now and then. His favorite foods are cheese, noodles, and kiwi.
-We don't have any baby movies, but I have been collecting Disney ones and his favorite is Lion King. I think he likes the scenes with baby Simba the most. So cute!
So that's Dallen in a nut shell. He needs lots of attention and loves it when Mommy and Daddy play with him. And speaking of which, he just woke up from his morning nap-gotta run!


.jpg)





4 comments:
I swear- I thought having a baby might slow you down. You keep proving me soooo wrong! Beaver sounds like the perfect place for you guys to have landed! Thanks for sharing :) love you!
Oh my goodness, he is absolutely adorable! I can't believe how big he has gotten. My favorite pictures are of him swimming-priceless!
Caroline, I sure do enjoy your blog and priceless pictures. The effort and love you expend is greatly appreciated.
Thanks Anonymous...I wish I knew who you were. :)
Post a Comment