Dec 26, 2012

White Christmas in Frisco Colorado

We had the most memorable Christmas this year. My parents went all out and rented a huge cabin and planned a couple of fun activities for us as our Christmas presents this year. We found the perfect cabin in Frisco Colorado; a quaint town on Dillion Lake in the mountains. We all arrived 3 days before Christmas and loved the Christmas anticipation and fun activities we did together. The first day we all went on snowmobile rides and took turns watching the kiddos. It was freezing but still way fun and a first for Travis and I.

Sunday we attended Church together and spent the day relaxing at the cabin. Monday was Christmas Eve and was the most perfect day of the whole trip. We all went sledding in the morning- even Grandma came to watch. The weather was perfect and we had tons of sleds. Everyone had a great time laughing and sledding together. For Christmas Eve we all went on a sleigh ride in our own sleigh fit for 21 people. We sang Christmas carols the entire way (hey!) and just laughed at ourselves for being so goofy and filling the air with music for all the other sleigh riders to hear as well. We were taken to a warm tent structure for dinner and entertainment and had so much fun eating a yummy meal and dancing to the music. It was more carols on the sleigh ride back and then off to bed to await Santa. It was the most magical Christmas Eve. I will never forget it.


Christmas morning was the usual-lots of wrapping paper and lots of wonderful gifts. Dallen enjoyed opening a couple gifts and then just wanted to check out the toys. It was so nice giving my gifts and being there to see the fam open them. Travis was so sweet and got me these super cute authentic cowboy boots and the bike trailer I wanted as well. It was a wonderful Christmas day. The rest of the trip and during down time, we played lots of games, Telestrations and Words of Wiz Dumb being the family favorites this time, relaxed in the hot tub, and played with the kiddos. We even squeezed in a professional family picture. I can't complain about any of it and I think I can say that it was the best Christmas I've ever had.



1 comments:

Theresa Mooney said...

Wow, Car! What a great family experience. I'm so happy you got to spend so much time with your family! Love it!