
Thanksgiving is traditionally the lazy holiday for me. It's the break from all the hard work during the semester and the calm before the storm of cramming for finals. So although this year I did not spend all my time lounging around my house with my family, I went to Las Vegas (as usual) to spend Thanksgiving with Travis and his family and had another adventure: 4wheeling!
We decided to try and find the back way into Red Rocks. It's suppose to be a pretty fun 4wheeling trail and definitely was until we reached the road washout. The road was completely gone! There were huge rock bed boulders blocking our way and we noticed that there were many jeeps who had tried to go through and had bottomed-out all over the place. So we decided that the Tacoma probably couldn't handle it and went on our way to go call in some coyotes.
Continuing on with my hunting experiences, Travis decided we had to call in some coyotes. So I LET him dress me up in his hunting garb and we staked out in the bushes trying to bring the coyotes to us. Now I would NEVER TRY to bring any sort of wild animal my way and was glad to know that Travis is a pretty good shot, especially after watching him the last time we went hunting. So we sat there just waiting and watching for coyotes. Now I wish I could tell you that all these scary coyotes came running our way and that it was such a rush and wild experience, but I decided that they must already be dormant for the winter or something because we saw nothin! Supposedly we did hear some call back to us, but I thought it was another caller but I could be wrong.
So since we had the guns, I got to practice my target shooting with the 22. :) That's always fun and I'm hoping to take my brothers and sisters out over Christmas. Yeah!
13 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment