Apr 22, 2008

Zion National Park


So I couldn't take all of the house stuff anymore. If I had to go shopping one more weekend for stuff for the house, I think I was going to go crazy! So although we plan on getting our projects done before Travis starts school, Travis so wonderfully agreed that we needed to get away for the weekend. So we headed out to Zion National Park. It was beautiful! It was the perfect day trip. We hiked Angels Landing, which I love because it takes you to the top in the middle of the canyon. We also hiked to one of the Emerald pools and down to the Virgin river. Dustin met up with us for the afternoon and it was nice catching up with him. On Sunday we drove through the other part of the park, which of course was gorgeous, but what was also amazing was the tunnel you have to drive through. It was built in 1930, I think, and it's pitch black in there! After that we headed down to the Coral Pink Sand Dunes to see if it'd be worth our while to bring the ATV's out and spend a day there. It's a pretty cool place too with 5 miles of sand dunes to ride on. So now we'd like add that to the list of things to do as well as a biking day at Gooseberry. I love to get out and play!




3 comments:

Mary Kelly said...

How nice to get away for the weekend. Zions is definitely a place to recharge your over-shopped soul!

Meridy said...

I love Zion! This is the perfect time of year to go too!

sara said...

I love hiking Angel's Landing! I'm so glad you got the chance to get out and do some hiking!