We did it! We finally finished our backyard! We did everything ourselves except for the concrete. And can I just say that landscaping is hard work! Travis was definitely the muscles behind the job, but I helped as much as my weak-ling body could. First we had the concrete poured as you saw in a previous blog. Travis decided we need a burm for the plants to be show cased on and it turned out great. So he brought back wheel barrel after wheel barrel load of fill dirt from the empty construction lots next door. Then we dug the holes and trenches for the plants and drip system. (yes, I helped with the digging, but he did most of the trenching. We were dead after that day) I messed around with figuring out the wiring to the drip system and setting it, while Travis went and picked up load after load of rocks. He was the master mind behind the river rock which turned out to be really nice. Next came the edging for the turf.
Travis decided to tackle that on a really hot day, hence our camping canopy in the backyard for shade. Then after the chat was compacted and flat, we installed our artificial "Virtual Turf". So what do you all think?
5 comments:
I LOVE IT! It looks so good. Doesn't the landscaping make such a huge difference? I think it makes a home feel so much more complete.
Wow! Good for you guys. The back yard looks fabulous and very low maintenance. All the hard work definitely paid off!
It looks great! I can't believe you guys did all that by yourselves!! Very impressive.
It looks so good!!! I love it! I'm jealous you have your own place but it looks awesome!
Yay! Your backyard is so complete and put together. Good work. Looks awesome! Anytime Travis misses doing yardwork send him to our house! Love Bossie
Post a Comment