So we were the lucky ones that drew Deer and Elk tags this year and can I just say that Travis is ecstatic! So of course he had to start planning out our hunt immediately. We both drew mule deer buck tags, my first one, and he drew a cow elk. We drew our deers tags as a "party" with Travis' dad and his dad's friend Eddie. So when it's a "party" hunt, it means it's an even bigger camp out and more intense hunt because we all have to find big bucks to shoot. Anyways, so Travis, his dad, and I headed up to Ely to check out our hunting area. (about 4hrs north of Vegas) We rode around on our ATV's all day and can I just say that riding on the back of one of those I turned into a dust ball! Anyways, we found this buck at about 10,000ft. He looks like a taker to me! We also rode around on some gorgeous trails and saw a lot of baby animals-fawns, calf, ducklings, and colts. They were sooo cute! Wish us luck this Fall!

David Hicks riding through the tree tunnel
David Hicks riding through the tree tunnel
0 comments:
Post a Comment