Well, it had been over a year and a half since I'd been back home, so this trip was well over due. Travis had an extra ticket from interviewing last year that we had to use before the end of this month. So we decided I would fly out to visit the fam and be there for Trisha's wedding. This trip was different then most other trips home because I spent all of my time with my family, except for the wedding, of course. I had a great time at Boondocks with Joseph, Emily, and Claire (Jordan was at football camp). We did the GoKarts, played putt-putt golf, played laser tag, and arcade games. We had a great time together and took one of those camera booth photos that turned out to be hilarious. That evening I assumed my big sister role tuning up bikes and hanging out with the little girls in the front yard.
The next day I spent first at Grandma & pa's, getting in some quality time with the kitties and chit chatting with grandma about playing the organ and sewing. I also convinced Grandpa that he should join facebook so he could have access to more photos. He seemed to have liked that idea and joined that night. While we were there, Joy had fun dancing to the musical stuffed animals and I couldn't resist getting her on tape. Next was some Mom & me time getting a pedicure, and the salon we happened to go to was the same salon Trisha and her bridesmaid's were at! It was such a pleasant surprise to see her and Kym-me before the craziness of the evening. Afterwards, we squeezed in lunch at Noodles (my favorite) with Dad. Then I took Emily out shopping for her 15th birthday. She got her 1st purse since she's getting her permit soon, and a new school bag-way cute!
That evening was Trisha & Jimmy Pettinger's wedding. She looked gorgeous and they looked so happy together! I of course loved catching up with Margaret, Laura, and Catie. It was so good to see them and know that we're still just as good of friends as before. Laura and Margaret were very cute all pregnant and everything. Catie looked just as cute being newly wed. We had a good time.
The next day Dad ran a half marathon; so Mom, Grandpa, Audra, Charity, Joy, and I went up to Idaho Springs and Georgetown to cheer him on. We happened to see him a few miles from the end of the race and encouraged him to keep going. Then we just made it to the finish line right when he got there as well. He ran the whole time and ran about 10min miles. He did a great job! We are so proud of him!
Saturday night was the stake BBQ where Margaret and I got to catch up with Preston Fry, Jason Agnew, and Rob Reynolds. It was great to see them and reminisce on good 'ole times. That night mom found out that Grandpa joined facebook and asked me when I was going to show her how to do it. So we spent about 2 hours on the computer learning the in's and out's of facebook. I think she'll really enjoy it as well. :)
By the time Sunday came around I was ready to be with Travis again. Church was nice and Emily's birthday dinner and mini-celebration was delicious, but I was excited to get home and be with my hubby. After being at home and then wanting to go home, I have realized that I truly have two homes now; which for me is a great accomplishment.
3 comments:
I'm glad you got to go home to see your family - it looks like it was packed w/ fun-filled adventures! I am headed to SD to visit w/ my family all next week,! and I am so excited! Sometimes, it is just nice to enjoy the comforts of HOME!!
Looks like you had great fun and a much needed trip home! Isn't that the best? I go home in a few weeks for my sister's wedding which will mean catching up with long time friends and family. I love it. Looks like you have such a great family.
Hi!
She looked gorgeous and they looked so happy together! Laura and Margaret were very cute and beautiful. You like such a great family. Best of luck in your future life.
===================================
Hemlata
look4ward
Post a Comment