Aug 26, 2008

Harry Potter & the Gym

Well, can I just say that August is one of my least favorite months in Vegas. Everyone is ready for the heat to be over so we can all crawl out of our hermit-like-shells, we call houses, and enjoy some fresh air. In the mean time I've found a couple of new hobbies: Harry Potter & 24hr Fitness. I decided that after watching Harry Potter 4 & 5 in one weekend about a month ago, it was time to read the books because I really did not understand the movies at this point and watching them each twice didn't help all that much either. I had to get updates from my brother-in-law, Shawn, explaining to me the missing pieces. So I found out my sister, Jessica, had the Heeb Family collection of Harry Potter books up in Provo and had her mail them to me. $8 to ship all 7 I thought was a really good deal. So I've read 4 of them in the past month and am totally addicted. I even get sucked into staying up late to read just one more chapter. This has been a great hobby with Travis being a coach-study-bum as well. (actually, I should say a couch-study-wonderfully-dedicated-husband!)

As for the gym, I initially was not a big fan. But what else can you do when it's over 105 degrees everyday?-the hottest time of the day being when I get off work! So I rejoined this last June and started to go to the 24hr Spin class near my house. I went by myself, so after the initial motivation wore off, I started slacking; until... I found a friend to work out with. This whole time, Megan, a girl I've been working with since Jan, has been going to the 24 near our work! She's now about 4 months pregnant and totally dedicated to staying in shape. So I've leached on to her motivation and now we go together. It's been a great hobby to pick up as well, since Travis and I don't have the leisure to get out and have as many adventures or go on as many trips. Well, that's my update! Chao!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I have some of your motivation. I have been totally slacking lately. When we get back from Idaho, I am planning on working out diligently. You have to make me stick to it.

sara said...

I've totally been debating on getting a gym pass for a long time now. When I got pregnant and got so sick that idea slipped out of my mind. It was all I could do to come home from work and find the couch. But since I should start feeling better soon, a gym pass has been on my mind especially with this yucky weather. I also LOVE Harry Potter & have all but the first two books. They ARE pretty hard to put down :-).