Dec 21, 2008

Vegas Blizzard


It snowed! We finally got snow here in town, at our house, and all over the valley. At our house we had about 3-4inches! It was wonderful! It now finally feels like Christmas time. That is one thing I miss about living in Colorado-the snow around the holidays. It just doesn't feel like Christmas time without snow. Anyway, the snow started up in Anthem around 12pm and really didn't stop until the middle of the night. We took a couple pictures at work and then all got out of there trying to beat the storm. I left work early at 3pm and the roads were already covered! I was slipping and sliding so the ride home took 3 times longer then usual! Turns out Anthem ended up with the most snow-about 9-10inches in the highest parts. When I got home Travis was enjoying the snow on the ATV and we of course had to take the truck out and play in it. We were one of the only vehicles on the road that night. Vegas hasn't seen snow like this since '79! It snowed on Wed, Dec 17th and there is still snow stuck to the ground (it's Sunday). I love it and am now ready for Christmas. :)

1 comments:

Mary Kelly said...

Love the snowy In-n-Out picture- now that is not something you see very often.
Yeah for a white Christmas. We got tons of snow in Portland too. It is fun but also scary because people don't know how to drive and the city doesn't have the resources to take care of the roads. Oh well- we'll survive!