Dec 15, 2008

White Elephant Parties

Can I just say, I LOVE White Elephant Holiday Parties! The Hammonds' threw one a couple weekends ago and it was hilarious. There was a great turn out and a great group of people. I don't know what it is about socializing, but it just makes all the difference to me. :) We ended up with some good stuff too! Travis picked an early number and I picked a later one, so we worked the system and I got a holiday serving tray and he got these cool utility knives. Thankfully we dodged the half eaten box of chocolates and over-sized, big booty 'sexy' panties. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures, but I couldn't let that weekend go by with out mentioning it.

Since then, it's been pretty busy around here with me doing all the Christmas preparations and taking care of Travis and Lily, while Travis has been studying his butt off! They scheduled so many exams this month that it almost seems impossible to study for them all. He's doing a great job though and has actually pulled off some really good scores on his tests. Lily was due for her shots and grooming, so a lot of my time has been spent taking care of all that. The shots weren't that bad, but the diarrhea afterward was quite annoying. The grooming wasn't too bad either, but she hasn't been too mindful of waiting by the door to go potty outside lately. Also, I haven't had a chance to get a good picture, but Lily got her 1st official schnauzer cut and she looks all grown up now! I don't like it. I liked the cute fluffy puppy look better. :( So we're probably going to let some of her cheek hair grow back out so savor the puppy look a little longer. And can I just say that dogs are expensive! They're just like any other expensive hobby, gotta buy the gear, and keep up on the maintenance for it and give it time and attention...geez. I had no idea. But no regrets here. I LOVE having her around!

And we took a Christmas picture as well. So here's our most updated family picture, in our own backyard. :)


3 comments:

Mary Kelly said...

What a happy family! What gifts did you end up with after the White Elephant exchange?

Caroline said...

I added more to the white elephant story because of your comment. :)

Anonymous said...

Cute family picture. I love your decorating. Your house looks so cute. Are you going to be here for the holidays. We need to get together for games.