One night this week Travis and I were realizing that it was about time we got away together and enjoyed the outdoors like we love to do and haven't done in a long while. He recently got back from San Diego at a PA Conference, and I had gone up to Provo without him to visit mom and sisters and babies, but we haven't gone away together. So on a whim we decided we'd go to Kolob Reservoir to camp and fish and get away for a day and 2 nights. We invited Stephen and Amber to come along and they happened to have been wanting to go camping that weekend too! So we piled in the truck with Lily too and headed up to Utah. Stephen and Travis fished as much as possible, so their days basically consisted of eat, sleep/nap, and fish.
Amber and I spent a lot of time sharing stories of being single and all the fun crazy stuff from those years. We made the meals and collected firewood and kept the fire company whenever the temperature cooled down. Oh, and of course made tons of smores. Check out that awesome fire we got going!
Lily of course totally enjoyed herself running everywhere, waking me up at 5:30am when Trav got up to go on a nice long walk in the morning. So I took a couple naps during the day to make up for it. It was pretty muddy from a previous storm and from the dew every morning so she was one dirty dog.
I also attempted fishing and had fun trying to catch one off the shore where I could actually see the fish in the water. I like fishing when I can see the fish. It's a lot more interesting. So we had a great weekend and loved the company!
13 years ago
6 comments:
Hey, we were probably there at the same time as you guys. We stayed in Monica's Grandparent's cabin though. We're not quite so adventurous.
Isn't it beautiful up there?
Tyler
How fun! I'm jealous, I love camping so much, we just have a third wheel who happens to be high maintenance, one of these days we'll get to go.
Tyler & Monica, how weird! Too bad we didn't know you were there. Did you fish?
Hope-When do you think you'll be able to take her out camping? When she's more mobile? :) We need to hang out!
How fun...wish we could have come. We never did our camping trip...boo hoo.
How fun! Not too cold...a TOTAL plus!! :)
Post a Comment