So after our long long vacation, it's been a pretty laid back last few weeks. Travis started up his 4th semester and I started working at my new job. Joe & Jordan came to town right after our trip and spent most of their time on the Strip. We went down there with them one night and also took them out on Lake Mead with our friends Nicole & Tyler, and Mindy & Nick, thanks to Nicole & Tyler and letting us ride in their awesome new boat. :) To try and beat the heat one day, we went over to Susan Rawlins, a friend of mine in our ward, and went swimming in their pool. There's something about boys and messing around in pools that's just different then when girls get together and go to the pool. They had a good time.



After they went back home, it's just been me, Travis, Lily, and the fish (we just bought a couple more so they've been on my mind more often lately). Travis' parents went out of town so we haven't spent any time with them either. So Trav took Lily on an ATV ride on evening for the 1st time ever and she actually stayed on the back! It was so cute.

Today we went hiking in the rain up at Mt. Charleston. It was soooo nice to be in the rain again. I do have to say I was glad I had my rain coat though, that way I wasn't freezing and could enjoy the rain. Lily did so well hiking, as usual and was a muddy mess at the end.
And then I have to mention that my leisure time has been filled with reading a few chapters here and there in Harry Potter #7 (the last book). I finished reading #6 on our trip, just in time for the movie to come out. It was soooo good! So of course, I had to start reading #7 to remind myself what happens in the end. :) I still think I'm weird for liking Harry Potter so much, but all well. I like it; she's just such a great author.
13 years ago
1 comments:
I love that picture of you rafting, it's so funny to see you smiling for the camera with all of these rapids about to kill you. Ha...cracks me up. It sounds like you are up to the usual adventures. What a life you have! I hope work is going well. Where are you working?
Post a Comment