Trav & I were invited to the Nascar Truck Race by our friends Nick & Mindy. We went with Shane & Jentry as well and all experienced our first Nascar event (except Nick who had been to Nascar a couple times before). It was amazing really how fast they go and how LOUD it is there. People seriously had ear plugs and everything. I do have to say that it's kind of dizzying to watch some of the time too. We each chose a truck to win and had fun watching "our" truck even though we didn't know a thing about the truck. None of the trucks any of us chose won though, but it was still fun to watch. The best part was watching the wrecks-well they weren't really wrecks; the trucks would come around the last corner and their back tires would spin out and they'd go flying across the track and grass. Somehow all the other trucks were able to avoid the truck skidding across the track without getting hit. So none of them flipped or anything like that, but it was still really cool to see them spin out. As I was watching I kept thinking about Disney's Cars. :) I love that movie and it's my only exposure to car racing. Ha-too silly, I know. It was so nice getting out and doing something different here in town. We had a good time. :)
13 years ago
1 comments:
FUN!! Cory and I were asked to come and bring out Cars to that event. We weren't sure how big it would be and wasn't sure if it would warrant the expense of traveling there. That would have been fun to see you guys though. Bummer!!
Post a Comment