Jun 20, 2010

Big Falls


I was totally itching to go hiking this weekend, so we headed up to Mt. Charleston, now that the weather's super hot down here, and decided to hike to Big Falls. Travis and I haven't done the hike to Big Falls since the summer we met. It was a nice cool hike with lots of snow still at the base of the falls. A little scary in some places since the river of water from the falls runs underneath the snow. Lily of course had a blast jumping from rock to rock, cooling off in the stream, and playing in the snow. We also got to walk behind the falls and see the gorgeous pool of crystal clear water. It was a great day to get out and I loved every minute! :)



3 comments:

sara said...

So fun! We are hiking the Narrows next week. Seeing pictures of this hike got me more excited for it! I love all the hiking you two do!

Sarah and Cory Smith said...

Looks like fun. I wish it was super hot here. All we have been getting is rain. Next week is supposed to be better. Here's hoping!!

Becca Rowe said...

Oh I totally remember hiking up to that! Wasn't that where people slid down the glacier? Anyway, what a fun trip for you two:)