Apr 7, 2011

Uncle off to War


This month my Uncle Thom Kenney headed off to war in Afghanistan. He is my mom's sister's (Carrie Lou's) husband. This past Christmas their family of 4 drove out from Boston to spend the holidays with our side of the family. Little did we know that Thom was going to be spending the majority of the next year in the middle of a war. He knew that it was highly probable that he was going to be deployed this year sometime, so he made it a point to visit all of his family. I was very touched when I found out. (It was so good to see them, especially since I've become a little closer to Carrie Lou over the last couple years or so. I've always felt like she's more my older sister than my aunt-she's only 7 years older than me). Thom is the closest relative I have that has gone off to war. I respect him very much for choosing to serve our country. He will be a great asset to improving the situation over there. I just had to post a little about him since it's really made an impression on me over the last few months.

Pictures of Thom teaching 6th graders about the war.

0 comments: