Our Birthdays! Had to make a quick mention of our birthdays this year since it was the big 3-0 for me. :P It actually was a really really good birthday- I had a day filled with fun activities and socializing, both my favorites. :) On Tuesday and Thursday mornings I play basketball with a bunch of moms at the church while the kids play in the nursery or run around us in the gym. So since my birthday was on Tuesday, I got up and played basketball. Then the girls bought me lunch and we all met at the park to eat while the kids played. It was so nice chit chatting and enjoying the nice weather. Lunch ended up being chicken strips from Dairy Queen, but living in Beaver, there really isn't much else to chose from! ha! Then Dallen and I took at nap (Travis was working just a day shift). Then he came home and we did presents. I loved all the gifts from Travis, Mom, and Linda and felt so loved from all the birthday calls, texts, and facebook posts. :) That evening I went to my Bunco group and had dinner at the sandwich shop and then went straight to my last city league volleyball game. It was such a great birthday!


For Travis' birthday, he unfortunately had to work a 24hr shift. So Dallen and I went and visited him at work with a balloon and some of his favorite Dove chocolates. The office got him his favorite Mexican food for lunch which was so nice. He too got tons of birthday wishes on facebook and on his phone. We did presents after his shift in the clinic. Dallen only lasted through half of them and then zonked out. So we dug into the cake I made Travis without singing happy birthday since he wasn't around to hear our lovey voices. ha! Yet again, it was definitely different celebrating without family around, but we enjoyed our birthdays and don't feel anything like a 30 and 33 year old. :)
For Travis' birthday, he unfortunately had to work a 24hr shift. So Dallen and I went and visited him at work with a balloon and some of his favorite Dove chocolates. The office got him his favorite Mexican food for lunch which was so nice. He too got tons of birthday wishes on facebook and on his phone. We did presents after his shift in the clinic. Dallen only lasted through half of them and then zonked out. So we dug into the cake I made Travis without singing happy birthday since he wasn't around to hear our lovey voices. ha! Yet again, it was definitely different celebrating without family around, but we enjoyed our birthdays and don't feel anything like a 30 and 33 year old. :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment