Jun 21, 2013

Manti Pageant Youth Conference

I've been in Young Womens now for almost a year and was excited to go to Youth Conference with them at the Manti Pageant. I'd never been before and wanted to spend some more time with the girls as well. It was great getting to know Aubrey, Erica, and Adela better on the drive to and from with the Bishop. We had fun playing games together in the park before the show which started at dusk. I ended up getting everyone to play 'Never Have I Ever', a game my brother told me about and I thankfully made note of on FB. It was a great group game for the kids and leaders and we had fun with it for a good part of the afternoon. Before the pageant, I walked around the temple grounds and enjoyed some time alone taking pictures. It truly is a gorgeous temple. The show was unique in it's delivery and stage location being on the side of a hill. The lighting and special effects made the show which was about the Joseph Smith story, excerpts from the Book of Mormon, and the trek to Utah. There were some great spiritual parts of course but it was a little longer than I expected. One of the funny moments of the trip was when 2 of the girls, Ashlynn and Haven were trying to hit on a cute boy in the next section over. So instead of them just ogling at this guy, I dragged them over and introduced them to him. It was pretty funny with the YW President from his ward yelling at us to get away, a Dad and older sisters laughing at the whole thing, me pointing out only one of the guys and telling the other, 'no, not you, him'...It was awesome. So fun being part of the checking out and hitting on excitement. Ha!


0 comments: