Jun 7, 2013

A Two Year Old Birthday

Dallen's birthday was so much fun this year! He was more excited about his presents/toys than last year.  We decided to celebrate his birthday one day early since Daddy was scheduled to work 24 hour on call including the clinic during the day on his birthday. So on the night of the 5th I decorated the house with streamers, balloons and his presents. I really like the streamers on his bedroom door frame and think I'm going to do that every year on his birthday. 

In the morning we leisurely opened his presents and let him play with his toys. He loved the animal figurines from Gma&pa Heeb and his BBQ table from Gma&pa Hicks. We was pretty excited about his Beet Bee toy and bike from us. I was glad we found a lot of things he really likes. After all of the playing, he took his afternoon nap while I made his cake. I was happy with the way it came out and was glad he could tell it was a horse! We were going to have a bunch of our friends over for cake but most people were busy or gone so we decided to go hiking instead. Afterwards, we took Dallen to McDonald's for a special yummy birthday dinner and then did the cake late after we got home. We sang happy birthday and he was intrigued with the candles, but didn't really care for eating the cake. He wanted to poke his fingers in it but that was about it. So weird because he was the same way last year. All well. I'm still glad we had a nice cake for him. It was a fun packed day and was followed up the next day with a trip to the pool which he absolutely loves. It's so fun celebrating a 2 year old's birthday!









0 comments: