It was sooo nice being in Denver in the middle of the summer! For pioneer day weekend my sisters and I took a few days off work and headed home just for a summertime visit. I hadn't been home for over a year and a half, so this trip was long over due. It was so fun being around the babies and just chatting and spending time with each of my siblings. The weather was perfect! I took a bike ride on my favorite creek trail, went on a jog to the reservoir, ate dinner with a good friend on the outdoor patio during a rain storm, and went to the park with almost all of my siblings. We had a family BBQ on the back porch and spent some time just playing outside, in the water, on the tramp, and with the neighborhood kids. I got to see Trisha (dinner in the rain), and Margaret who I had a really good catch up on our lives and reminisce about awesome memories together for a good long while, and I got to visit Laura and her newborn baby Ezra.




One night was spent looking through old photo albums seeing how similar Jess and Sophia look and catching glimpses of Jacob in Sarah as a baby. Claire became so jealous of the awesome birthday cakes mom made us as kids and feels totally jipped with her year after year plain old rectangular cakes. Ha! My favorite night was the BBQ on the porch and then our big kids only outing to see Eclipse together. Great movie! I'd already seen it, but it was still worth it on the 2nd go round. Then Joe and I went and played volleyball for 2 hours straight on indoor sand courts. It was awesome! I obviously was sooo sore at the end, but it was a good sore and so much fun. I miss playing sports. That needs to be a new years resolution.


There were a few good laughs as always with Emily and her naive-ness about the male anatomy (she's 16 for cryin out loud!). And we had a good time one morning jamming to rock band together. Joe sang an amazing solo in church on Sunday, Hollow of Thy Hand, and I'm sooo glad I was finally there to hear him sing. Mom took me to my first acupuncture experience and it definitely w as an experience. Totally different then anything else I've done; hopefully it helps cleanse/eliminate bad stuff from my body. And how can I forget the puppet show! The little girls and grandma put on 3 puppet shows each out of puppets they made themselves. It was way cute but a lot longer then I expected for an 11yr old, 8yr old, and 5yr old puppet show. ha! It was nice seeing grandma and grandpa and the kitties. I think that is just about everything eventful from the trip and I'm so grateful my dad was able to pay my way and let me come home and visit. I so miss summers in the Rockies. I love going home in the summertime!




0 comments:
Post a Comment