Jul 5, 2010

The Mortal Instruments


I recently finished The Mortal Instruments 3 book series, aka "City of" series, by Cassandra Clare. I definitely recommend it for being fast paced, action packed, and for its surprising twists. It has a good amount of love drama, comparable to Hunger Games; not too much but almost not enough drama. The action packed fantasy side of it reminds me of a mix between Twilight and Harry Potter. For those of you that know nothing about it, it's about a girl that gets introduced to the ShadowHunter world- shadowhunter: humans with powers from angels to protect regular humans from the ever pressing demon attacks. Within the shadowhunter world are warlocks, vampires, werewolves and fairies which all play their part in the story. I think I like these types of books because they are written as if this kind of life could really exist right now, but it's hidden from the normal human eye (comparable to Harry Potter and Twilight). I like them because it's interesting to see things from a different perspective; it gets the creative, imaginative juices following and its just refreshing. So great read, definitely recommend it.

0 comments: