The first weekend in August, 10 days after Caleb was born, the whole Heeb family came out to see him and help the Wells family move from Provo to American Fork. Well, the majority of the family, minus the Blasucci family, Travis and Jordan. We all stayed in a hotel around the corner from Sarah's house in Provo and just got to work. Mom had been there almost 2 weeks already helping with Caleb and packing up the house.
I came up with Dallen and was limited in my ability to help since he was still getting over his sickness and was being more needy than usual when we're out of town. So Audra became my go-to girl. She would stay in the hotel while he took a nap and I would head over to the house and help pack. I got to hold Caleb twice that whole weekend, mostly because I had a runny nose baby wiping his face all over me so I didn't want to get too close. Thankfully, Sarah nor Caleb got sick but just about everyone else did: David, Charity (of course, she always gets the bugs), Audra, Joy, and even Mom. I felt bad, especially because Charity and Audra got the eye infection as well.
I ended up sharing a hotel room with the 3 little girls which had me kind of freaked out because they had just had LICE! Yuck!! I even shared a bed with Audra. I was sooo paranoid for days after this trip. I kept itching my head and didn't know if it was from lice or just because I couldn't stop thinking about what if I had lice! Turns out I was fine, but still. Yuck!
It isn't a trip without a swim in the hotel's pool. The little girls always have to go swimming when they stay in a hotel. So Emily and I took them one morning while Dad, mom and Joe helped with the moving and Claire watched Caleb.
The trip was just a lot of work, but nice to be working with family. We all make a good team.


0 comments:
Post a Comment